About the book
WHY WE WROTE THE BOOK
In the last few years we have spoken at conferences and in boardroom sessions with banks and insurers across the globe. Virtually everyone agrees that the financial industry is moving much slower than customers want, and slower than bankers and insurers want as well – in particular in view of all that speed that surrounds us.
Digital transformation is top of the agenda at banks and insurers across the globe. And operational excellence and cost efficiency are the key themes; moving traditional banking and insurance to the digital world: digitalizing processes and optimizing operations.
Cost reduction is absolutely necessary; no doubt about that. But many banks and insurers see the digitalization of processes as the end result. All these efforts are really just bringing the basics up to date. What they do is restoring the past; they are not creating the future.
Now that digital transformation is becoming mainstream it’s time to raise the bar. The financial services industry is in a new phase. Banks and insurers have to operate much closer to the market. Digital technologies and changing customer behavior are changing the fundamentals of the industry; too fundamental to be solved by cost focus alone.
THREE PRACTICAL GUIDELINES
In Reinventing Customer Engagement we introduce a practical set of guiding principles to help bankers and insurers make the next leap and close the gap between ‘digital transformation to restore the past’ and ‘digital transformation to create a future’:
- How can financial institutions deploy technology to not only reduce costs and solve basic frictions, but simultaneously to lift customer engagement to a dramatically higher level?
- What engagement strategies fit best with new customer behaviour?
- What new forms of customer engagement are made possible by new technologies?
- How can banks and insurers use new engagement strategies to open new revenue streams and create a next level of business models?
The next level of digital transformation is about reinventing customer engagement to create more and new value for customers as well as for financial institutions.
Reinventing Customer Engagement includes
more than 200 best practices from inside and outside the industry
that will spark loads of new ideas.
A must read for anyone working in the financial industry.
Some sample pages
Designer Caroline Li did an awesome job. The book is nice to the eye and easy to read.
To get a taste of what the book looks like click here for some sample pages.
THOUGHT LEADER CONTRIBUTIONS
Many of our business partners and colleagues took time to discuss the future of financial services with us, and/or shared their views in this book. Reinventing Customer Engagement includes 75 contributions from industry thought leaders – bankers, insurers, fintechs – but also from forerunners outside the industry.
- Adrian Gore, CEO Discovery
- Ainsli van Onselen, director of women’s markets, inclusion and diversity Westpac
- Almudena Román, CEO ING Direct Spain
- Amir Tabakovic, director business development BigML
- Andrew Brem, chief digital officer Aviva
- Andrew Rear, chief executive Munich Re Digital Partners
- Andries van Luijk, managing director Evi Van Lanschot Bankiers
- Antonia Ermacora, co-founder and CEO Insurgram
- Augusto Diaz-Leante, senior vice president life Munich Re Spain, Portugal & Latin America
- Benoit Legrand, head of ntech ING Group
- Boulos Massoud, senior vice president – aftersales Al Tayer Motors
- Carmen Ramírez, head of channel partners Western Europe PayPal
- Chris Skinner, chairman e Financial Club
- Christian Miccoli, former CEO and board member CheBanca!
- Daniel Schreiber, CEO Lemonade
- David Urbano, mobile banking director CaixaBank
- Deepak Sharma, head digital initiatives Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Dennis Martensen, founder x.ai
- Didem Dincer Başer, executive vice president digital banking Garanti Bank
- Diederick van Thiel, co-founder and CEO AdviceRobo
- Eduard de Wilde, director digital VODW
- Elena Ford, vice president global dealer and customer experience Ford Motor Company
- Enric Casi, former CEO MANGO
- Fahrad Irani, former CEO retail banking group Mashreq Bank
- Gustaf Agartson, founder and CEO BIMA
- Hans van der Noordaa, CEO Delta Lloyd
- Hans-Peter Schwintowski, professor Humboldt University Berlin
- Heinz Süess, head of digital technology architecture Credit Suisse
- Henry Mason, managing director Trendwatching.com
- Irene van den Brink, director business development InShared
- Javier Mas, marketing director CaixaBank
- Javier Montes Pita, executive director clients and experience ING Direct Spain
- Jessica Niewierra, director digital development and interaction ABN AMRO Retail
- Jin Kang Zwicky, vice president experience design OCBC Bank
- Jorge Ruiz, global head digital acceleration Citi
- Kittinan Anuphan, founder and CEO Claim Di
- Lars Redeligx, CCO Brussels Airlines
- Leanne Kemp, founder and CEO Everledger
- Lee Ng, COO LumenLab MetLife
- Lionel Guicherd-Callin, responsible for the ‘Works with Nest’ program NestLabs
- Maarten den Hartoog, project manager ‘Share a Porsche’
- Magnus Jern, president DMI
- Maria Gracheva, CEO Yandex Money
- Mark Wraa-Hansen, head of MobilePay Danske Bank
- Matthias Kröner, CEO Fidor Bank
- Maurizio Poletto, managing director and head of design BeeOne Innovation Lab Erste Group
- Michal Panowicz, deputy head digital banking Nordea
- Michel van der Wal, creative director VODW
- Miguel Carvalho, former board member ActivoBank
- Minh Q. Tran, general partner AXA Strategic Ventures
- Mircea Mihaescu, COO Moven Bank
- Moshe Tamir, global head of digital transformation Generali
- Neal Cross, chief innovation o cer DBS Bank
- Nick Jue, CEO ING Netherlands
- Oliver Hughes, CEO Tinko Bank
- Oliver Werneyer, consumer technology manager Swiss Re Life Capital
- Patricia Gialloreto, senior director consumer and shopper insights EMEA VFC
- Patrick van Heerde, head of ebusiness Manulife Asia
- Peter Maas, professor insurance management Sankt Gallen University
- Pol Navarro, digital innovation and transformation director TSB
- Priit Perens, head of Baltic banking Swedbank
- Ralph Hamers, CEO ING Group
- Raphael Krivine, general manager and creator of AXA’s bank Soon
- Richard Eldridge, CEO Lenddo
- Richard Sheng, director of branding and corporate communication Ping An Group
- Rob Langezaal, CCO SNS Bank
- Roberto Felici, head of market management Allianz Italy
- Roberto Ferrari, general manager CheBanca!
- Sabrina Peng, president Alipay International
- Scott Walchek, founder and CEO Trōv
- Steven Mendel, founder and CEO Bought By Many
- Tayfun Kucuk, chief technology officer Odeabank
- Theo Bouts, global head of life and health Allianz SE
- Tilman Hengevoss, head of public affairs EMEA Zurich Insurance Company
- Tom Blom eld, CEO Mondo
- Tom de Waard, global digital experience director Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition
- Uğur Tozşekerli, CEO AEGON Turkey
- Vernon Hill, chairman and founder Metro Bank
- Vikram Krishna, head of group marketing and customer experience Emirates NBD
- Vincent Boon, chief community officer Telefónica | Standing on Giants
- Vladislav Solodkiy, CEO Life.SREDA VC
- Xavier Tuduri, CEO of ServiZurich Zurich Insurance Company
- Yoni Assia, CEO eToro